One ITL, the Chambers of Marion Smullen, are delighted to announce that with effect from 1st January 2017 we will be merging with the Chambers of William Mousley QC at 2 Kings Bench Walk.
Chambers has experience in defending in all types of fraud cases from initial advisory work to representation at trial. We have defended in matters brought by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and the Crown Prosecution Service; moreover members of our Chambers benefit from having undertaken secondments at these agencies giving them an additional tactical nous.
Our fraud and financial regulatory practice is diverse and includes:
We accept instructions from solicitors, public bodies and via public access.
Recent news, articles and deals:
- Andrew Hope secures acquittal in fraud trial
- Gulam Ahmed's client acquitted at trial of large-scale conspiracy to defraud
- Joanna Hardy concludes six figure money laundering trial with acquittal.
- Andrew Hope's defendant found not guilty at Basildon Crown Court
- Richard Witcombe achieves dramatic reduction of POCA benefit figure from £1.2 million to £8,700: R v HK